Tuesday, January 19, 2010

First Few Days of College Life

I first arrived at my new school and was immediately greeted by the president of Oklahoma Wesleyan University. The days went by and I was becoming better acquainted with my new surroundings and new peers. Living only an hour away I assumed that people would be just 'regular people'. I was mistaken. My college is an hour away from my hometown. It was not like I lived in a different state or country but many times it was a culture shock to meet so many new people from so many different places.

While meeting many different people it slowly occured to me that everyone is not like the people that I grew up with at home. For example, one day in the girls dorm we were discussing our class rings. Many had theirs on and were showing them off. I looked down at my hand in sympathy. One of the girls asked where mine was. She had the stragest look on her face when I told her that I lost mine in a feild while I was turkey hunting. I believe they thought I was making a joke. It was then that I realized that I am a 'country hick'. Until that mooment I beleived that it was normal for girls to go hunting. I guess I was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment